DATES CAN CHANGE SHOULD THERE BE A PROBLEM OR INTERNATIONAL ACTIVITIES.
As SAKA we may adapt rules / regulations to suit the South African situation. Such changes must be authorized by the SAKA President.
ADDITIONAL REGULATIONS FOR 2023
We only have a limited number of regular fighters who cannot be at every event. It is also costly to attend all the events. However, fighters must attend the major events to be selected for participation at the SA Championships.
The Calendar events / activities are sanctioned SAKA events. Only SAKA registered clubs may participate at the events. Should another registered organization / club want to participate at our events, special authority must be obtained from the SAKA President. The reason for this is that these organizations / clubs do not follow SAKA and WAKO Medical Procedures and do not pay registration fees.
Only SAKA sanctioned kit may be used. Acceptable manufacturers / brands include the following:
Adidas (Some articles are not acceptable)
To ensure that you get the correct equipment, please work through your instructor Although the above equipment has been
accepted, the instructor and referee must ensure that the equipment is in good repair.
4. The sanctioning fee to host a calendar event must be paid into the SAKA account by 31 January 2023
(Please contact the Secretary-General for Banking Details).
The amount as decided upon at the last Executive meeting is R500.00 per event no matter what the size of the event.
The reference on the deposit must be the organizers name and the proof of deposit must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 February 2023. Should you cancel your event, the fee is not refundable. No payment, no event.
5. Events must be organized as per the Events Act and must be supported by well qualified medical officials.
6. SAKA & WAKO Medical Procedures must be followed strictly as per our Constitution and the summary thereof on the web site.
7. Instructors who grade students as kickboxers but do not let them participate at our events must refrain from giving such people
8. All Professional events will be organized separate from the above and must have SAKA sanctioning.
9. Our events may not have any other form of Martial Arts, Wrestling or Boxing presented at the same event. Events must be
separated and managed by the separate organizations.
10. You may not participate at an international event as a member of the national team should you not have a passport, whether it
be in or outside the RSA.
11. Inter-training events between three or less clubs need not be sanctioned because it is deemed to be special training. The SAKA/
WAKO medical procedures must still be followed.
12. All instructors and assistant instructors must be first aid qualified / certified.
13. All instructors must know the WAKO rules which can be found at www.wako.sport
14. You can only get official KICKBOXING colours through SAKA.
15. Instructors must ensure that all athletes training kickboxing have completed an Indemnity before they start their training at your
club / gym.
16. The President of SAKA may change / remove an organizer of an event should he/she not be actively involved in SAKA activities.
NB! INSTRUCTORS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO ENSURE THAT ALL THEIR FIGHTERS COMPLY WITH SAKA AND WAKO MEDICAL PROCEDURES.